Wednesday 3 February 2010

SATURDAY

Saturday afternoon we had lots of fun at my impromptu class at the village hall, while hubby was away. It was a shame not everyone could come that I was initially expecting, but those that were there are all eagerly waiting the next one ...... unfortunately I have no Saturdays free in February or March !!!!! Of course there are some already scheduled at other venues during these months.

Here are a couple of cards we made using Trendy Trees. This set isn't one I would have chosen from the SU catalogue until I received several swops at the SU Convention in November which used this set. This is the whole idea of swops, to inspire others to do something different by sharing ideas.

This first card was given to me by Julie Kettlewell and you can visit her blog @ www.juliesjapes.blogspot .com


This 2nd card was inspired by a swop I received from Bianca Schulz from Germany as I loved the way she made the hills from circle punches and inked the edges to create shadow.


The rest of the cards we made from the 'love theme' ones earlier in my blog. For the easel card everyone chose a design from the Fun and Fast Notes stamp set.

Kate chose a different colour theme to make a baby card which also used a sentiment from the free SAB Whimsical words stamp set.

I was so pleased Kate enjoyed her tour of our village here in Northwold !! She got a little lost and was surprised when the hairdressers at the end of the road hadn't heard of Normandy Close (which was only a few hundred yards down the road from them) but pleased they could direct her to the village hall.



Thanks again ladies, it was a very enjoyable afternoon which I promise will be repeated.


Happy Crafting !

No comments:

Post a Comment