Tuesday 8 March 2011

TUESDAY TOP TIP

This weekend it made change to have relatively clear of any commitments. So, before the dreaded 'spring cleaning' started and hubby was still snoring, I started playing with one of my ideas I just hadn't had time to get round too.
.
Those of you who have Stampin' Up! stamp sets, will be aware of the waste rubber round the wonderful stamps.
.
Today I'm sharing one of my ideas for some more recycling and also showing what excellent value for money Stampin Up! stamp sets are - the enjoyment of the initial stamp set but then the added extra !!

.
The photo above shows how I have cut a cut a tree shape from the waste rubber and stuck onto an old acrylic block. The ones Stampin' Up! added to their new catalogue in October are just so nice to use, I don't use the old ones any more.
.
Next, I got out my old sturdy craft knife and cut a slither from the centre and then some smaller lines. A bit fiddly but was easier stuck on the acrylic block.
.
The card below shows the effect that I achieved.
.
.
The card was finished by stamping onto Early Espresso card with Whisper White ink and matted onto Very Vanilla and Early Espresso base card. The tag is from Tiny Tags stamp set and punched with the Medium Jewelry tag punch.
.
Hope you enjoyed todays tip. Pop back next week for another recycling 'Top Tip' together with another free Tutorial.
.
Happy craftin'.
.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment