Monday 21 January 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Michelle

......and yet another birthday this week, celebrating my upline Michelle's birthday with this bright floral deign.

My SU10 hostess last Thursday evening I knew was a great fan of punchart. So whilst browsing through my notebooks, I found this design that I had sketched to adapt using our wonderful Stampin' Up! range of punches. The Full Heart punch made the 'petals' with 1-3/4" circle punch for flower centre, Bird Builder punch wing for leaves and Teeny Tiny Sentiments for greeting. This was great for birthdays or any occasion.

I found that punching a 1-3/4" circle in paper, folding into half and half again then snipping the tiny centre, helped make a template to find the centre of a circle and mark on the card punched out. I then drew round a 1/2" circle and used this to line up the points of the hearts evenly (as in the photo). The greeting was then stamped and punched and mounted on Stampin' Dimensional 3D foam pads.
 
 

 
I really enjoyed preparing this one and continued to make several more using Stampin Up! 2012-2014 In-Colours. With a variety of different greetings, I now have several in stock for more birthdays later in the month.

I had to send my apologies to Michelle for then leaving the card on my desk at work when we got sent home early Friday afternoon because of the snow. What can a girl do when sent home from work early, other than craft some more and pop another one in the post.

The subsequent ones I made, had a little added embellishment with a flower made using Boho Blossoms punch, a clear Itty Bitty Button with DSP backing, tied with Bakers Twine.

 
Hope you like, I know the ladies and I certainly did.

Bye for now.

Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for my beautiful card Sandra. I love the flower made with the heart punch! See you soon, Michelle x

    ReplyDelete