Sunday 19 January 2014

MONTHLY CRAFT CHALLENGE - January 2014

 
With her husband away for the weekend of 17th & 18th January, Julie kindly invited me to stay over for the weekend and join Jane,Tasha and herself crafting.
 
Having set myself challenges for my 50th year, and knowing they all do 'beading', I asked if, during the course of the weekend, they could help me meet one of my monthly challenges I set myself and so January challenge was scheduled.
 
We all had a lovely time, of course not going to bed until the wee small hours and up again bright and ready to carry on the next morning at 7am :-)
 
We started Friday evening with me sharing my card-in-a-box and co-ordinating envelope made on Stampin' Up! Envelope board, that I had made for a couple of January birthdays.
 
Saturday morning saw more research on Envelope Board projects and a joint trial session but tailored to our own changes.  Photos will follow as I decided to put on my suite of projects at a class later this month.
 
...... and now for the beading !!!
 
I do own a few beading tools, wire and beads but have never attempted anything on the scale of what Julie, Jane and Tasha have been creating over the last year.
 
Firstly, with Julie's help and patience, I made a cute little Angel threaded onto a headpin and I asked to put onto a bookmark.
 

 
Next was the dragonfly.  So now I learnt that the longest bit, is choosing the beads you want to use !!!!  This was later added to my final project below.
 
Tasha's turn next to show us how to make a 'Hand of Fatima'.  This was another lovely project which neither of the others had made previously either.
 

 
At this point, they told me I had completed everything they did in their first session so now to put together all the techniques into a bag charm myself.  Again the choosing what to do and what beads to use was the most time consuming bit, but I was determined to get finished.  I love the little fairy on the left hand strand but I'm now a little worried she is too delicate and might get damaged.
 

 
This was the end to a perfect couple of days, wonderful company, fabulous food (thanks again Julie), lots of laughter (plus innuendo's and giggles) and some gorgeous projects.  Thanks girls, this was just what the doctor ordered and timing was particularly perfect !!  I agree we really must repeat again, and yes, I'm happy to adjourn here later in year once I know the rest of David's biking dates he attends, that I don't go to.
 
Pop back soon and keep up-to-date with my next Monthly Craft Challenge for February.

 
Happy Craftin'
 
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment