Friday 20 June 2014

WAX RESIST BRAYERING

Morning crafters !


Here I am, back again as promised with another card from recent Brayer class at Judy's. 

Although I have run previous Brayer classes, I must admit I hadn't used mine recently so made a refreshing change. 

With all attendees having my 10 handy Brayer hints & tips on the front page of their instructions, They all left feeling confident to have a go again themselves at home, some of them having bought and never used as didn't know how to. 


With at least one customer having done a previous class with me, I was keen to create all new projects for the day. 

I had seen this technique online and, as we were using Serene Silhouettes stamp set, this was an ideal project. Apologies I cant remember where I saw to post link. 

Brayering is a great way to create texture onto cardstock. I have used many times with lots of different househod items. 

This technique is a wax resist technique.  Firstly, cut a piece of wax paper (not greaseproof, but one with wax coating on one side) to size of your embossing folder. If you struggle to find wax paper, try your local kitchen speciality shop. 

Place piece of wax paper inside embossing folder of your choice and process through Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine #113439.  Here I have used Beautifully Baroque #130917. Whilst we tried with Stampin' Up! Northern Flurry after the class just out of curiosity, it is better to have an all over, even pattern.  

Place wax side down onto piece of glossy card. Process through Big Shot and this will transfer the raised textured wax onto the glossy card. 

Ink up Brayer #102395 with your choice of ink and Brayer evenly over entire piece of card. The ink will resist where the wax pattern.  Gently wipe with kitchen roll to remove any excess ink, only if necessary, to avoid smearing any residue wax. 

Here we finished off inking up another stamp from Serene Silhouettes #132073 (W), #127324 (C)

You can order your Brayer and all Stampin' Up! supplies directly from me. Look out for, or ask me, for details of my Celebration promotion.



I look forward to sharing another Brayer project from our class with you tomorrow. 

Happy craftin'
Sandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment