Sunday 31 August 2014

TECHNIQUE - Background 'scrunch'


Morning crafters

I'm wasn't sure what this technique should be called but think 'scrunch' is a good description. 

When my Stampin' Up! orders arrive, they are well packaged in lots of brown packing paper, which I try and recycle for different purposes. I love textured effects and also making the perfect co-ordinating background for projects. 

I've done this technique a long while back with scrunched up ring binder poly pockets into drops of re-inker on a tile. This way is less messy and recycling 'free' paper. 


Screw up ball of paper and dab onto ink pad - here I've used Old Olive ink pad.  Randomly 'stamp' it all over your chosen piece of card. 


Next repeat with your 2nd chosen colour - here I've used Pool Party ink pad. 

Finally repeat with 3rd chosen colour - here I've used Rose Red ink pad. 

You now have a piece of background card to use as you wish. 

Here's are a set of 3 cards I've made using the Card Candy Toppers posted yesterday using this technique as a background. 


I hope you like this effect and have fun experimenting with your own colour combinations. 

Happy craftin'
Sandra 
Contact me on :  07806 616704

No comments:

Post a Comment